Fill out the application form here
We are currently providing two tiers of grants.
Light Grants are $150 grants that are meant to act as incentive for small-scale ventures/creations. The smaller size allows for more speculative investment.
Flight Grants are $500 grants for individuals with proof-of-work and a concrete idea that requires funding. This doesn't mean you need to have a detailed roadmap, a simple plan will suffice.
Areas we're looking to fund:
- Technical blogs/tutorials
- Amplify tacit knowledge distribution
- Create a record of cultural heritage (folk music, dance, recipes)
- Art (music, short films, other stuff with non-zero production costs)
- Small businesses (preferably novel ones)
- Improving/replacing government websites (simplify complicated processes)
- Amateur research (psychology, OSINT, self-experiments/quantified self, design, etc)
- Making useful tech (sprint timing systems, noise-canceling tech, warm clothing) cheaper
- Sport (individuals or teams who need it)
- Content, especially videos (education, design, history, personal experience, anything that’s not an over-crowded niche)
- Education philanthropy (for students and teachers)
Apart from your general details (name, age, country+state, field, etc.), you don't *have* to answer all of the questions, but we do believe deserving applicants will have the most thoughtful answers. Don't worry too much about language barriers or grammar. What we're looking for is interest and potential.
However, a video call or in-person meeting is necessary for us to get to know you. We think talking to someone works better than trusting credentials or someone's ability to write a good application.
Why is X important to you?
Why/did you get started? Where do you want to go with it? How much time do you spend on it? How long have you been doing it for?
What was the last thing you created and were proud of?
Doesn't have to be related to X. Just mention or link to something that shows your taste and creative ability. We're looking for general proof-of-work.
What would the money go towards?
What areas would it affect most? How would it help there?
Who do you want to work with?
Who are the people you would
sell your soul like to get to work alongside? Why?